Winter reduces physical activities. People love eating and spending leisure time during it. If you are living in any hilly areas you would love to take rest under lukewarm sunlight. But everybody is not so lucky to get direct sunlight. People are covered by clothes to hide their shivering. That is the reason they don’t get the proper exposure to the sun. To avoid cold people tend to eat more than usual especially carbohydrate rich meals that store as a stubborn fat in absence of proper physical activity. Also you drink too many hot drinks like coffee which contains caffeine. Caffeine is good to stimulate your mental alertness no doubt but more than recommended intakes can lead to various health issues like skin rashes, itching, insomnia, digestion issues, and many more. You are full of carbs but compromise your necessity for vitamins. If you are unable to get vitamins from the natural sources, include multivitamin capsules in your diet. Here are some nutrients that are mostly required in winters.
- Vitamin C: You may be facing skin issues like dryness, bleeding gums, and others. You need vitamin C then. Though a multivitamin tablet daily is useful to get vitamin c, you should focus on consuming indian gooseberry, apples, and other natural sources of vitamin C.
- Vitamin D:In the summer you avoid to take direct sunlight as the intensity of sunlight. Winters are the best times to take direct sunlight for vitamin D to support your immune system and the health of bones.
- Vitamin E: As we know vitamin E is a potent antioxidant that fights against free radical releases and supports your immune system. It also helps your skin health. Along with that it takes care of our hair health. Get vitamin E from seeds, nuts, green leafy vegetables, and multivitamin capsules.
- Vitamin A: Fat soluble vitamin that can be stored by the body for a long time. So, you don’t feel the deficiency of vitamin A so often. It is good for vision, immunity, and skin health. You can find it from carrot, apple, mango, broccoli, squash, and many more.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Usually it is hard to digest eggs and fish in summers but winters are good for your meal consumption. Eggs, fish, or meat you can digest easily that gives you plenty of omega 3 fatty acid that is quite good for your overall health.
- Magnesium: It is a very essential nutrient for your body that is very crucial for your bones and energy. It also supports your nervous system and reduces the stress level. If you have problems sleeping, you can include it in your diet. Along with these it helps to balance your blood sugar level, bones and DNA health. Include brown rice, nuts, pumpkin, and others in your diet to have it.
This summer eat more but eat consciously because it is your responsibility to measure what is going to your body. Whatever you are eating becomes part of your body. So say no to junk food, also avoid sugar from your diet, and include these all nutrients in your diet.